We may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page regularly to ensure that you are at all times aware of the current policy. This policy is effective from June 1st 2016.
Collection of personal information
We may ask you to provide the following information:
– contact information, including email address;
– demographic information such as address, postcode, preferences and interests; and
– other information relevant to customer surveys and/or promotions.
We do not collect sensitive information about visitors to our website. As with most online businesses, we may log information about your access and use of our website, including through the use of Internet cookies, your communications with our website, the type of browser you are using, the type of operating system you are using and the domain name of your Internet service provider. If we receive your personal information from third parties, we will protect it as set out in this Policy.
Use of personal information
We collect certain necessary information and use the personal information for purposes including:
– to contact you (by telephone, email or mail) regarding your order or to conduct appropriate anti-fraud checks to protect you;
– to better understand your needs, enabling us to improve our products and services;
– to allow you to login to our website and create a personalised account;
– for internal record keeping;
– to circulate promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think may be of interest to you;
– direct marketing; and
– to customise the website according to your interests.
Disclosure of personal information
We may disclose personal information:
– for the purpose of providing services to customers;
– to credit reporting agencies and courts, tribunals and regulatory authorities where customers fail to pay for goods or services provided by us to them;
– to courts, tribunals, regulatory authorities and law enforcement officers as required by law, in connection with any actual or prospective legal proceedings, or in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights; and
– to third parties, including agents or sub-contractors, who assist us in providing information, products, services or direct marketing to you. This may include parties located outside of Australia.
If there is a change in control of our business or sale or transfer of business assets, we reserve the right to transfer to the extent permissible at law of our user databases, together with any personal information and non-personal information contained in those databases. This information may be disclosed to potential business purchasers. We would seek to only disclose information in good faith and where we have sought to maintain confidentiality.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
• whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used for direct marketing purposes; and
• if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
You may request details of personal information that we hold about you, in certain circumstances set out in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (Privacy Act). If you would like a copy of the information that we hold about you please email us at email@example.com, however, we may refuse to provide you with information that we hold about you in certain circumstances set out in the Privacy Act.
If you believe that any information we hold about you is inaccurate, out of date, incomplete or irrelevant, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will promptly correct any personal information.
If you believe that we have breached the Australian Privacy Principles or the Privacy Act and wish to make a complaint about that breach, please email us at email@example.com setting out details of the breach. We will promptly investigate your complaint and respond to you in writing, setting out the outcome of our investigation, what steps we propose to take to remedy the breach (if a breach is found) and any other action we will take to address your complaint.
Storage and security
We are committed to ensuring the information you provide is secure. We utilize SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) encryption to protect personal information that may have been required during your checkout process with us such as your credit card details. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information and protect it from misuse, interference, loss, unauthorised access, modification and disclosure.
External sites and links
Amendments to this policy
This policy may be amended from time to time. Your continued use of our website following any such amendments will be deemed to be confirmation that you accept those amendments.
For any questions please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org